Sunday, January 6, 2013

Can you use the same code and commands that you use to set up Red Hat Fedora server to set up Ubuntu server?

Q. I have Ubuntu 7.04 server running on an older comp. i have and im trying to teach myself how to get a web server running. I've got a lot of info off of the web, but i also came across the Red Hat Fedora and Enterprise Linux Bible 4 . I wanted to know if i could use that to work on my Ubuntu 7.04 server?

A. RedHat uses RPM for packaging. Ubuntu uses deb. The package managers and their commands are different. No doubt there are differences in config files (names, locations, etc.)

So, to answer your question - nope!

How to setup an email server on Fedora Linux 9?
Q. please give me some information on how to do it. I'm a beginner in using Linux so any good information will work. please give me some links if you find any instructions online. I'm intending to use postfix instead of sendmail.

A. http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Configuring_a_Fedora_Linux_Email_Server

How to configure Send Mail Email Server in Fedora ?
Q. I am very new person for the Linux operating system. Where I can download free send mail video tutorial.

Thanks and Best Regards

A. I don't know where to get that but search google there are lot of tutorial on setting up sendmail.

anyway that said, you need to edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc this is the main configuration files of sendmail after editing it do make -C /etc/mail to compile.

More computer tips at
http://www.review-ninja.com



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment