Q. I recently switched from Microsoft to Ubuntu 11.10. I went to download Minecraft, but when I click the linux download link, nothing happens. It will download when I click mac or pc though. Please help! any downloads I need or what? Help! easy points!
A. Hope this link helps. If you google for install minecraft ubuntu you will get a lot of hits including youtube videos how tos.
How to make minecraft run faster On Linux Netbook?
Q. Ok so i have a Asus netbook thats running linux. (Latest Ubuntu) And its a basic netbook Intel Atom 1.66 Ghz processor and i turned down all the video settings and such. But is there a way i can make it run like 20 fps atleast? cause i only get under 5 fps when i play.
A. There are a few things you can do to increase speed:
1. Disable compositing in Compiz, or use a lightweight WM like OpenBox
2. Install optifine.
3. Update Java and LWJGL
4. Use a skyblock map - On a similar netbook I get literally no lag on a skyblock. I recommend AnewAaron's Skyblock Adventure here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1325290-surv-adv-skyblock-adventure-v12-13/
5. Give minecraft more memory, depending on how much you have. I upgraded my ram on my netbook, so I have 2 gb. It all depends on how much you have.
Google is your friend with these.
1. Disable compositing in Compiz, or use a lightweight WM like OpenBox
2. Install optifine.
3. Update Java and LWJGL
4. Use a skyblock map - On a similar netbook I get literally no lag on a skyblock. I recommend AnewAaron's Skyblock Adventure here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1325290-surv-adv-skyblock-adventure-v12-13/
5. Give minecraft more memory, depending on how much you have. I upgraded my ram on my netbook, so I have 2 gb. It all depends on how much you have.
Google is your friend with these.
How do I play Minecraft on Linux?
Q. The title says it all.
A. Last time I checked. You can't really. I know allot of people were able to boot it up. But every time they hit a key to do something in the game; it would go back to the main menu.
Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster
No comments:
Post a Comment