Sunday, January 6, 2013

I downloaded pendrive linux onto my flash drive and I'm having trouble getting it to boot.?

Q. I have my BIOS set to 'boot from USB' and it goes through all the start up stuff for linux, and then the screen just goes black. The power doesn't turn off, but the screen goes black and nothing else happens.

A. Try Damn Small linux, puppy linux, or grafpup. They've all worked for me (USB-wise) I looked for pendrive linux on distrowatch.com and didn't find that. Is it going into Xwindows at too high of settings? try hitting F1, F2, F3 to switch into another virtual window.

How do I boot a Linux livecd image from an USB Pendrive?
Q. Hi, my new laptop doesn't have a cdrom drive, so I'd like to make the first boot from an USB pendrive, and then install it on the HDD.
Of course my laptop does support boot from usb drives, but I'm a newbie at linux, so I don't know nothing about the exact procedure to make the pendrive bootable and how to copy the ISO file on it.
Sorry, I forgot to say that I'm trying to do that from a winXP computer

A. You can install Ubuntu 8.10 to a USB Pendrive and Boot from it by making the first device in your BIOS removable https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent

Ubuntu 8.10 download http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/

LUg.

i deleted the guest acount on my pendrive linux but i liked the way how it looks?
Q. is there any way to get it back to look like the guest acount or reset the operating system to have the same tool bar and stuff like that.

A. um you mean you want to create a guest account or you cant login without formatting and re installing
also what distro do you have on your pen puppy?



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment