Saturday, March 23, 2013

How can I transfer a save on minecraft in windows to linux?

Q. I have windows 7 and ubuntu linux on my computer. I built a cool city on minecraft in windows 7 and want to transfer it to linux so i can play it on my linux because it is faster. Is this possible? How would I do this?

A. it is possible.
In windows 7, press (Windows Key + R)
Type in (without quotes) "%Appdata%\.minecraft"
In there you should see a folder called "saves"
Copy that and transfer it over to your Linux
From there just paste it inside the "minecraft" folder

What is the Net View command for linux?
Q. I have been playing around with Linux a lot lately. What is the linux net view equivalent? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

A. If you are talking about a TCP/IP Networks you have a bunch of commands that can act like Netview:

users
groups - Print group names a user is in
hostname - Print or set system name
id - Print user and group id's
logname - Print current login name
printenv - Print environment variables.
uname - Print system information
who - Print who is currently logged in
whoami - Print the current user id and name (`id -un')
who

Now, if you want a command to see network share devices in a MS-Network you should use Samba.

I hope this help you.

how do you play supreme commander forged alliance on a Linux?
Q. how can you play SupComFA on a Linux? I switched my OS from Windows 7 to Linux (Ubuntu), and i wanna play it. i still have the original windows 7 files, but i dont know how to run the .exe file.

A. i'm about to answer that for you just wait

Go to the Software Center and go to Games

Then click RTS there ya go -- if that doesn't suite you enough

here http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4051
Install Play on Linux



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment