Saturday, April 20, 2013

Are liberals more likely to use uncommon UNIX or Linux distributions?

Q. I'm a liberal and have three different operating systems. I use FreeBSD, Backtrack Linux and Linux Mint.

Where do you consider yourself to be politically and which Operating System are you currently using?
@ reek - I strongly recommend Linux Mint. It's far better than Windows, and as Linux distributions go it's pretty well mainstreamed for average users.
Windows 8 is awful - I'm convinced it's going to be an even bigger disaster for Microsoft than Vista was. If you have Windows 7 I recommend staying with it.
Unless you're thinking of switching to Linux that is.

A. I'm not liberal, and I use Windows, osX, Linux Mint, Fedora, DSL (Damn Small Linux), openBSD, and for kicks beta test several new trending distros. I also have two old atari's (ST and Falcon) that I use for classic gaming.

What knowledge do I need to use backtrack 5?
Q. What do I need to know on order to properly use BackTrack 5? Linux Shell Scripts? Computer Hardware? etc. Pls help thnx! :)

A. If you have used any other linux os your fine.. otherwise best way to learn how to use it is to play around with it.. have fun :)

BackTrack Linux Not Reading Files in Mounted Drive?
Q. I am running BackTrack R2. I recently bought a 1TB Western Digital Passport External Portable HDD. I copied all my stuff into it. It worked fine for 2-3 days.

Now when i connect it to my Laptop, it opens the explorer showing only one folder "System Volume Information". I checked the properties; it still shows that only 500 GB(approx) is free. In terminal, the "ls" command shows that all my files are there. I already tried CTRL-H in the explorer, so hidden files is not an issue. I connected the HDD to a Windows Box and i am able to see all my files properly.

What should i do (besides switching to Windows?? Thanking in Anticipation.

A. Hi
Try this
http://help.artaro.eu/index.php/data-recovery/recover-files-from-hard-disk.html#.UIVFfunDmCA
Backtrack is to advanced for a new linux user.
I think I have answered you before



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment