Friday, April 19, 2013

How can I use hping3 to do a port scan?

Q. When I used Hping3 in linux or windows it can only scan a localhost. Is it possible to scan a remote network? What is the Linux and Windows terminal command for portscanning remote networks?

A. There's no universal program for scanning networks. The best tool to do this from a command line would probably be nmap. nmap is not included with Windows and is not standard in all Linux distributions, but is available in most repositories.

http://nmap.org/download.html

How do I upload a folder recursively via SSH through a linux terminal?
Q. The problem is quite simple actually. I have a folder in my desktop which I want to be able to upload to my server via SSH. I want to be able to do that using only the linux terminal. Thanks
I don't know about import/export functions. I just want to upload via SSH. I know it's possible, I just don't know how.

A. See the SCP command (syntax in source link). It copies files over ssh. As you can see, it has an option to put an entire folder over at once.

Alternatively, there's SFTP (secure-ftp) which tunnels a ftp connection through ssh (valid only if the target server also has ftp service in addition to ssh).

How can I restore my laptop to factory default with Linux Ubuntu?
Q. Im currently using Linux Ubuntu as my OS on my HP laptop and want to restore to factory settings as I prefer using windows 7 for the tasks that I have to perform on my laptop, Ive tried using the system restore when starting the up the laptop but this just causes Ubuntu to load as normal. Is there any terminal commands or any other way to restore the laptop without having to go and create a windows installation disk?

A. If your computer did not come with Win7 and other disks (drivers and utilities), you should have written whatever system restore or utilites disks and backed up everything before doing much of anything with the computer.

Whether you can restore Win7 depends whether it is still there and you just need to restore the master boot record (can you boot to Win7 from the grub menu?). If Win7 still works see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1527905

If Win7 does not run, you may need to order disks from your computer manufacturer.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment