Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How long does it take to learn how to program using the Linux operating system?

Q. Im trying to learn how to use linux but I dont know how to program where do I start?

A. You start by consulting basic Linux references on how to properly maintain a Linux system. You then learn how to use the Linux command line. Then you learn how to properly install software that allows you to program. Then you learn how to program in whatever language you want to learn; you should learn C if you're dealing with Linux since that's what Linux understands the most: raw power.

"Missing Operating System" error when booting a live distribution of Linux Mint on a USB?
Q. I formated my flash drive to FAT32 and used UNetbootin to mount the latest Linux Mint .iso file on to my USB. Then I restarted my computer and configured the BIOs to boot from a flash drive. However, I get a large "Missing Operating System" error. Help?

A. There must be an error with the image. Despite what people say Linux is not as easy to boot from USB and mint is not as easy as ubantu to do that. If you have the iso on your desktop you can test it in a virtual drive if you have Hyper V on your system. or put it one a DVD. or try a different usb boot software like the universal boot. That works ive used it.

The important thing is don't get stuck try things to find the problem. Does it support legacy usb boot your machine?

How can I become a game tester or creater?
Q. Okay It seems like the coolist job ever to program and test video games and get paid but what will I have to go to college for and how many years? And is programming the games hard? Like don't get me wrong it seems confusing as fuuuck but Idk if thats just because I don't know what I'm doing or it really is. But one last thing what are good classes to take in high school? Next year I'l be in 10th grade. Thanks
O and I'm 15 what age can I start? I always see people talking about how they are in their teens doing it

A. Game testing like what you want doesn't really exist. Testing is done mostly in house at the development studio with highly trained staff doing so. Creating is a large collaboration of animators, software engineers, modelers, story and plot scripting staff, and a myriad of managers and supervisors under one executive director. Making a game is basically like making a move: it costs millions of dollars to do so and takes months, sometimes years to develop the full production where the executive director wants it to be. The best thing you could do would be to get involved in open source games, which are mostly found on Linux systems.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment