Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How to create a custom linux live CD?

Q. Hi,

I want to create a small linux live CD with a few small programs on it (and nothing more, could even be command line only)

Anyone knows how I can do that?

Thanks in advance!

A. Have a look at these web pages they should give you an idea of how to do this.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_from_scratch
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-create-live-linux-cd.html

How to replace Windows 2000 with puppy linux?
Q. Hey so I'm running Puppy linux through my live cd but I don't know how to actually put it on my hard drive. I don't want to use any partitions I have one partition with windows 2000 and I want to replace it with puppylinux.
-Thanx! :)
I want to remove windows and install linux

A. Do you have the Hard drive partitioned already and one partition is empty? If it is not already partitioned. the when you partition it, you will then lose all the data and the operating system on the hard drive. If like you say you only have 1 partition then that is possible but installing puppy linux, using the command line interface is no easy task. Not even for an advanced user. Hope this helps

Is it possible to have Mint Linux and Ubuntu Linux on same laptop?
Q. I currently have Ubuntu 10 LTS on my laptop. Can I also add Mint Linux and do the dual boot thing? If so how? I want to do this without having to reinstall my Ubuntu 10 LTS that's already sitting on my hard drive. Thanks!

A. Yes, it technically is. However, it would be difficult. I believe the easiest way would be to create a "Linux Live Key" (Google the software.) You basically plug in a flashdrive, load the ISO of the Linux you want onto it, then, when your comp is JUST starting up (within the first 3 seconds) access your boot menu, then select the USB and it will boot up a different version of Linux, despite the version that is installed on your computer.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment