Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"Missing Operating System" error when booting a live distribution of Linux Mint on a USB?

Q. I formated my flash drive to FAT32 and used UNetbootin to mount the latest Linux Mint .iso file on to my USB. Then I restarted my computer and configured the BIOs to boot from a flash drive. However, I get a large "Missing Operating System" error. Help?

A. There must be an error with the image. Despite what people say Linux is not as easy to boot from USB and mint is not as easy as ubantu to do that. If you have the iso on your desktop you can test it in a virtual drive if you have Hyper V on your system. or put it one a DVD. or try a different usb boot software like the universal boot. That works ive used it.

The important thing is don't get stuck try things to find the problem. Does it support legacy usb boot your machine?

For develop the UBUNTU Linux which programming is used? And how to modify UBUNTU?
Q. I don't no which programming language is used to develop the UBUNTU Linux. Can I write the code for UBUNTU. My plan to make operating system specially for Bio research people. How to write the code & from which language i have to write the code? Also from where I have to get the original code of UBUNTU Linux?

A. Well first off, ubuntu is a derivative of Debian. They use C and C++.

To modify Linux, you don't normally start coding, usually you use
https://www.reconstructor.org/wiki/reconstructor/

You put the ISO image in there and begin to modify it...That's how most other derivatives such as Linux Mint are made.

Also, if you want a Linux distro for science research, you should look into scientific linux based on Red Hat linux http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=scientific
Also, ubuntu sucks, you will have a lot of work to do if you start with it as a base.

how do i go about putting this iso file on my USB flash drive?
Q. i recently downloaded the 32-bit version of linux mint with XFCE interface or whatever.the problem is,i can't figure out how to burn the entire file onto my usb flash drive.whenever i try using some program,it opens the file and shows all the folders inside,like install and boot,etc.but it doesn't let me choose the whole thing and put it on the flash drive.can anyone help me with this?any help is appreciated!

A. Download Winrar (search it on Google) then when the setup is complete make sure the ISO check box is ticked in what files to use with Winrar. Then you can open the ISO file and extract the contents to whatever destination you choose.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment